Ordering & Payment
1. What is your order process?
The order process should take the following steps:
- All orders are subject to acceptance and product availability
- Browse the store and place the items you want to purchase in the shopping basket.
- Proceed to checkout, fill in your registration and shipping details and submit the order.
- Please ensure that you provide us with a clear, valid delivery address, and if there are any special delivery instructions indicate this in the special instructions box (although please note that for security reasons we cannot write any messages on the package for the courier). NB where you know the items are large, please include a delivery address where you know someone will be present to sign for the parcel.
- Please ensure that you provide a valid, active email address and telephone number when you register as we will use these details to contact you should there be any issues with your order or to arrange delivery.
- Complete the payment instructions, as requested. When placing an order, you agree that all information given is genuine, accurate and complete.
- An email for acceptance will provide details of the products ordered, payment method, cost (including VAT and Postage) and usual delivery times. If your order was not accepted, you will receive an email from us explaining the reasons why. In the event that you have not received our reply within 48 hours please Contact Us and we will check the status of your order.
- You must check all the details on the confirmatory email that they are correct and Contact Us as soon as possible if any details are incorrect.
- After receiving and fully processing your payment we will dispatch your order within 1-2 business days, unless, in exceptional circumstances, the items are made to order, in which case it may take up to a fortnight.
2. Can I use discount vouchers or codes on special offer items?
We run special offers and promote discount vouchers through our Facebook page; follow us for updates!
3. What happens if the goods I received were mis-described?
We take the utmost care to ensure that all products dispatched reflect the descriptions and photographs within the product reviews. If, however, you feel this is not the case, then please contact customer services within 7 working days within receipt of goods, and we will offer you a refund if there is a genuine error.
However, the following considerations need to be borne in mind:
- Photos of products may not be to scale, so always check the dimensions listed in the product review.
- As the pewter products are handmade by artisans, there will be slight variations from the product photo to what you actually receive.
- Colours are reproduced as accurately as possible within photographs, however, there might be slight variations due to lighting, but this is the nature of photography.
UK 02920 027918
International 0044 (0) 2920 027918
Between 9am to 5pm Monday to Friday.
4. Are all your products in stock?
We make every effort to ensure all our products are in stock, either in our UK warehouse, or the manufacturer's warehouse in Italy, and the availability of our products is updated on our website several times per day to show where stock is available. However, despite our best efforts to keep accurate records of stock, in certain cases we do run out of stock from time-to-time if there has been particularly strong demand for a product. Unfortunately this cannot always be avoided and so we thank you for your patience and understanding if you experience this with us. If this does happen, we will always notify you straight away if that is the case and make you aware of when you can expect your order to arrive. You can then decide if you would like to receive a refund (if you are unhappy with an extended delivery time) or, of course, wait until the item is in stock.
Please remember though, that all Cosi Tabellini pewter items are handcrafted by artisans in Italy, rather than mass-produced, and items that need to be made to order can sometimes take up to a fortnight to be completed before dispatch.
5. How accurate are your prices?
We can only vouch for Cosi Tabellini prices on the official Cosi Tabellini UK website. We cannot vouch for the reliability of prices stated on shopping directories or through any other third party.
All prices listed on our website are correct at the time of entering the information; however, due to fluctuations in the price of our raw materials, particularly the key component of pewter - tin, we reserve the right to change prices of any product at any time and all former prices lose their validity. Any such price changes will be applied instantly to the website allowing you to be aware of them before ordering.
Special offers on the website do not reflect general pricing.
We deny liability for mistakes in prices quoted on our product pages. If an error is found, we will inform you as soon as possible and offer you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling the order. If you cancel, we will refund you for any sum that has been debited from your credit / debit card for the goods.
6. How accurate are your price conversions in different currencies?
All shopping cart transactions are completed in British pounds and payment from any other currency will be calculated by your payment provider and converted in to your local currency on your card statement.
7. What methods of payment are there?
Cosi Tabellini UK accepts all of the following credit/debit cards and PayPal:
Visa, Mastercard, Maestro, Visa Electron and JCB.
All credit and debit card orders are processed securely by Worldpay; Cosi Tabellini UK does not handle or process any card data for orders placed online.
All credit and debit cardholders are subject to validation checks and authorisation by the card issuer. If the issuer of your payment card refuses to authorise payment to us, we will not be liable for any delay or non-delivery and the order will be cancelled.
Reservation of proprietary rights:
All goods delivered remain property of Cosi Tabellini UK until fully paid.
8. How secure is payment and data processing via the internet on the Cosi Tabellini UK website?
We do everything we can to ensure your online shopping experience is as safe and secure as possible and we only use reputable security devices and systems within our security measures.
All credit and debit card data (such as bank account number, sort code, name and address) will automatically be encrypted in transit using the industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol with an encryption length of 128 bits (which is the highest level commercially available, and the same level of encryption used by large banks to keep their information secure), ensuring that no third party can have access to your personal data.
As part of our security-conscious approach, we also use the Address Verification System (AVS), which means that the billing address must match the address held by your card issuer exactly. Should the details not match, then the transaction will be declined. If you have received an AVS error, but have had money debited from your account, then don’t panic, as the money is in ‘pre-authorisation with your bank, and it will be returned to your account shortly.
For all payments online, you will be required to provide the security code for your credit or debit card. This is a security measure we require for all transactions. The security code (or CVV2 number) is only listed on the card, and hence you need to physically be in possession of the card to provide the correct number. The CVV2 number is a three digit number on the back of the card on the signature strip, although on American Express cards, it appears as a four digit number on the top right of the front of the card. If you cannot read your CVV2 number, you will need to speak to your card issuer.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
All credit and debit card orders are processed securely by the Worldpay payment gateway, and both Worldpay and Shopify will store your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
9. Do I have to pay shipping costs?
Standard Shipping is free for all UK orders over £50.
Express Shipping is free for all UK orders over £250.
Shipping is charged on all UK orders under £50, and on all international orders.
If, however, we have to deliver your order in partial shipments due to the stock being unavailable or due to technical reasons, the shipping cost is only levied once.
Click here for fuller details of our Delivery & Shipping costs
10. How do I know when my order has been shipped?
You will know when your order has been shipped as you will receive an automated email to the email address that you supplied us with upon registration.
11. Where are my goods being shipped from?
All goods are shipped either from our warehouse in Wales, UK, or directly from the warehouse of the manufacturer - Cosi Tabellini (Italy) - in Brescia, Italy.
12. What happens if I want to cancel an order?
If you have added items to your shopping cart but haven’t already submitted an order for payment, you may clear all or some of the items from your shopping cart at any time by clicking the ‘Remove’ button which is situated next to the product(s) that you do not wish to purchase.
If you have already submitted an order for payment, but then wish to change or cancel it, please contact us as soon as possible as orders move through our warehouse quickly, and the sooner we are notified, the quicker we can remedy the situation.
We will do our utmost best to make any changes but we cannot guarantee that we will be able to do so if the order has already been processed. In this scenario, you may have to wait until you receive the order and then follow the normal returns procedure within seven working days of receipt, as detailed on our Returns & Cancellations page. In this scenario you will be reimbursed the full cost of the goods, but we will not be able to reimburse the postage costs from us to you, and you will also be liable for postage costs sending the goods back to our warehouse, so the earlier you realise that you would like to cancel an order the better it is.
13. What is your returns policy?
We hope you are happy with the purchases you have made from Cosi Tabellini UK, but if not, fortunately your rights to return the item(s) are protected under UK and EU Distance Selling legislation.
You are entitled to cancel your order and return goods to us within 14 working days of purchase for a refund.
In the event of a return of goods for a refund, the amount reimbursed will be the full purchase price of the returned items (excluding cost of delivery).
For full details of our cancellations and returns policy please refer to our Returns & Cancellations page.
14. Where do I find the Terms & Conditions?
There is a link to the Terms & Conditions page at the bottom of each page of the website. Please click here for our Terms & Conditions page.
16. What is your cookies policy?
Please click here for details of our Cookies Policy page
17. Is a sales tax (VAT) included in the price?
All prices for Cosi Tabellini UK items delivered within the EU include VAT; the VAT being charged is set at the UK VAT rate. For items delivered to a non-EU address, or non EU VAT area, VAT isn't charged, and the items are zero-rated, but we maintain one price for each item as shown on the product pages of our website. Our international flat-rated pricing policy means that the total price you pay us for products is always the same, regardless of whether or not UK VAT is chargeable on the sale. Therefore non-EU customers will be responsible for VAT, as well as any other import duties and local taxes, on their purchases.
18. Are customs duties to be paid on international orders?
Import duties or tariffs may have to be paid if your delivery address is outside of the EU, and these would be levied once a shipment reaches your country in the form of additional charges for customs clearance, and are usually collected upon delivery. These charges are the responsibility of the recipient.
Customs policies vary widely from country-to-country and we recommend you contact your local customs office for further information.
19. Where do I find the order number of a particular product for telephone order?
If you prefer to place an order over the telephone, you will find the order number of an item on its product page. For some items, you need to choose colour, size or other specifications before the order number is shown.
Contact details for telephone ordering are below:
UK: 02920 027918
International: 0044 (0) 2920 027918
Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm
20. Why should I register with Cosi Tabellini UK?
There are a number of reasons why it makes sense to register with Cosi Tabellini UK:
- Makes ordering quicker and more convenient
- You will not have to keep re-entering your billing address and other personal data required for placing an order every time you wish to shop with us.
- Easy overview of your Account and Orders
- Take a quick look at all of your orders at Cosi Tabellini UK.
- Efficient organisation of your data
- All of your data will be stored centrally, allowing you to modify your details such as user name and password.
- Keep up-to-date with our latest offers, product reviews and articles
- By registering with Cosi Tabellini UK you can opt to receive our latest Newsletters containing details of special offers and new product launches.
Please note, registering with Cosi Tabellini UK is purely optional.
21. Does Cosi Tabellini UK have the right to cancel or refuse an order?
Cosi Tabellini UK maintains the right to cancel or refuse orders at any time at its own discretion, including, but not limited to, orders that contain incorrect prices, orders where we believe the customer has violated applicable laws, and orders that we believe are harmful to Cosi Tabellini UK or its partners.
22. I still have further questions, what should I do?
If, after the reading this, you still have unanswered questions, please contact us via the following means:
UK 02920 027918
International 0044 (0) 2920 027918
Monday to Friday: 9am to 5pm