Technical & Internet
We know the internet can be a bit baffling at times, and so we have highlighted some Frequently Asked Questions in relation to screen size, browsers, and internet security which we hope you will find useful.
1. What screen size is your website optimised for?
The website has been designed to be fully responsive, so will adjust to the size of your screen.
2. What browsers do you recommend?
We recommend the following browsers:
Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Safari for PCs and Safari OSX for Apple Mac users, although many other browsers are perfectly acceptable.
3. How secure is internet shopping?
Online shopping is becoming increasingly popular and the vast majority of transactions are quick, easy and trouble-free.
4. How secure is payment and data processing via the internet on the Cosi Tabellini UK website?
We do everything we can to ensure your online shopping experience is as safe and secure as possible and we only use reputable security devices and systems within our security measures.
All credit and debit card data (such as bank account number, sort code, name and address) will automatically be encrypted in transit using the industry-standard Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol with an encryption length of 128 bits (which is the highest level commercially available, and the same level of encryption used by large banks to keep their information secure), ensuring that no third party can have access to your personal data.
As part of our security-conscious approach, we also use the Address Verification System (AVS), which means that the billing address must match the address held by your card issuer exactly. Should the details not match, then the transaction will be declined. If you have received an AVS error, but have had money debited from your account, then don’t panic, as the money is in ‘pre-authorisation with your bank, and it will be returned to your account shortly.
For all payments online, you will be required to provide the security code for your credit or debit card. This is a security measure we require for all transactions. The security code (or CVV2 number) is only listed on the card, and hence you need to physically be in possession of the card to provide the correct number. The CVV2 number is a three digit number on the back of the card on the signature strip, although on American Express cards, it appears as a four digit number on the top right of the front of the card. If you cannot read your CVV2 number, you will need to speak to your card issuer.
Our store is hosted on Shopify Inc. They provide us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you. Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and general Shopify application. They store your data on a secure server behind a firewall.
All credit and debit card orders are processed securely by the Worldpay payment gateway, and both Worldpay and Shopify will store your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard and American Express.
PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
5. Can I do anything to increase security?
Whilst we have the utmost confidence in our security measures, we have identified some good practice steps that all online shoppers should follow (and we do these ourselves!) for additional precautions to further increase security from your perspective:
- Close down the internet browser when you have finished shopping online, especially if you share the browser with someone else
- When creating a password, make it as unique as possible and try not to choose obvious passwords, such as your name, which could be easily obtained by a third party
- Do not use the same password for different internet sites
- Never reveal your password to other people, not even to the retailer you are shopping with (Cosi Tabellini UK will NEVER ask for personal details via email; if you do receive an email request to this effect, then please contact our customer services team immediately (Contact Us)
- Never enter your account number and/or password into an email